Monday 4 March 2019

Baroque Concert






This photo shows Nikau at the Baroque concert learning to hold the violin and then draw (move) the bow across the strings. Nikau found that it wasn’t easy to play even Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. The concert provided new opportunities for our students; travelling on the school bus, hearing violins, a harpsichord and oboe being played and thanking the performers for the wonderful concert.

Ruma 4 students reflected on the experience and this is what they thought.



I was shy I put my hand up and got picked to play the violin.  Nikau
I enjoyed listening to how the instruments worked.  Christian
I learnt that the violin’s strings were made from sheep’s gut and the strings on the bow was made from horse hair. Jordy and Mitchell A
I liked the look of John’s violin.  Mitchell S
I liked the music because it was beautiful.  Jacob
It was my first time in a church. I was interested because I would make a scratchy noise with the violin.  Piper
I liked the violin.  Sophia
I liked John playing the violin like a guitar.  Scarlett
I liked them all because they played freaky tunes.  Angus
I liked the sound of the violin, the scary music and the glass windows on the way in.  Brooke
I liked the songs and the windows.  Aura
I loved the beautiful music.  Bailee
I liked the scary music.  Marley
I liked the beautiful glass windows.  Kimberley
I liked when they made the scary sounds.  Beau
I liked the sound. I liked the glass windows in the church.  Tane
I liked watched the men play the violins.  Alicia
I enjoyed the music they all played, calmly and quietly. My favourite instrument is the violin.  Levi


3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Ruma 4,
    I really enjoyed reading what you thought of the concert. You have all noticed so many things that it makes me feel that the concert was a very valuable experience for you all. Thank yu Mrs G for publishing all of the writing on Ruma 4's blog so we can all enjoy reading the responses to the music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing amazing idea with us. We all like concert. But sometimes we forget to buy the tickets. Recently I went to a concert but forgot to buy the tickets, then my friend said to visit Occasion tickets. I just visited the site and bought the ticket easily. You can also try this website. Events near me today

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.